Take the quiz to test your understanding of the crucial concepts extended in the chapter. Shot testing yourself before you check out the thing to view where your strengths and also weaknesses are, then test you yourself again as soon as you’ve review the thing to see just how well did you do it understood.
You are watching: Which of the following is not an advantage of using methods?
Tip: click on each link to expand and also view the content. Click again come collapse.
PART A: PRINCIPLES and PLANNING for RESEARCH
1. I beg your pardon of the complying with should not be a criterion because that a an excellent research project?Demonstrates the abilities of the researcherIs dependency on the perfect of various other projectsDemonstrates the integration of different fields of knowledgeDevelops the an abilities of the researcher
2. Which kind of thinking is the process of drawing a particular conclusion indigenous a set of premises?Objective reasoningPositivistic reasoningInductive reasoningDeductive reasoning
3. Research that looks for to examine the result of a urbanbreathnyc.com by utilizing the same design but a different sample is i m sorry of the following?An exploratory urbanbreathnyc.comA replication urbanbreathnyc.comAn empirical urbanbreathnyc.comHypothesis testing
4. A researcher design an experiment come test exactly how variables connect to affect job-seeking behaviours. The main purpose that the urbanbreathnyc.com was:DescriptionPredictionExplorationExplanation
5. Cyber bullying at job-related is a growing threat to employee job satisfaction. Researchers want to uncover out why people do this and how they feel around it. The main purpose that the urbanbreathnyc.com is:DescriptionPredictionExplorationExplanation
6. A theory:Is an collected body the knowledgeIncludes inconsequential ideasIs live independence of research study methodologyShould be perceived uncritically
7. I beg your pardon research an approach is a bottom-up strategy to research?Deductive methodExplanatory methodInductive methodExploratory method
8. How much confidence have to you ar in a solitary research urbanbreathnyc.com?You must trust research findings after various researchers have replicated the findingsYou should completely trust a single research urbanbreathnyc.comNeither a no one bBoth a and also b
a: You must trust research findings after different researchers have actually replicated the findings
9. A qualitative research problem statement:Specifies the research techniques to be utilizedSpecifies a research study hypothesisExpresses a relationship between variablesConveys a feeling of arising design
10. I beg your pardon of the complying with is a an excellent research question?To develop a report ~ above student job searching behavioursTo determine the relationship in between self-efficacy and also student project searching behavioursStudents with greater levels of self-efficacy will certainly demonstrate more active job searching behavioursDo students v high level of self-efficacy demonstrate more active job searching behaviours?
d: Do students with high levels of self-efficacy demonstrate much more active task searching behaviours?
11. A evaluation of the literature prior to formulating research questions allows the researcher come :Provide an up-to-date knowledge of the subject, its significance, and also structureGuide the advance of research questionsPresent the type of study methodologies offered in previous studiesAll of the above
12. Periodically a substantial review of the literature prior to data collection is not recommended by:EthnomethodologyGrounded theorySymbolic interactionismFeminist theory
13. The feasibility that a research urbanbreathnyc.com should be taken into consideration in light of:Cost and time forced to command the urbanbreathnyc.comAccess come gatekeepers and also respondentsPotential moral concernsAll the the above
14. Study that uses qualitative methods for one phase and quantitative techniques for the following phase is known as:Action researchMixed-method researchQuantitative researchPragmatic research
15. Study hypotheses are:Formulated before a testimonial of the literatureStatements of guess relationships between variablesB yet not ABoth A and B
16. Which research strategy is based upon the epistemological ideology of pragmatism?Quantitative researchQualitative researchMixed-methods researchAll that the above
17. Adopting moral principles in research means:Avoiding damage to participantsThe researcher is anonymousDeception is only offered when necessarySelected informants offer their consent
18. A radical view on ethics says that:Researchers can do anything they wantThe usage of checklists of ethical actions is essentialThe powers of Institutional review Boards need to be strengthenedEthics must be based on self-reflexivity
19. Ethical troubles can arise as soon as researching the web because:Everyone has access to digital mediaRespondents might fake your identitiesResearchers might fake their identitiesInternet research has to be covert
20. The Kappa statistic:Is a measure of inter-judge validityCompares the level of agreement in between two judges versus what could have been predicted through chanceRanges from 0 come +1Is acceptable over a score that 0.5
b: Compares the level the agreement in between two judges versus what might have been predicted by chance
1. Which research study paradigm is many concerned around generalizing that is findings?Quantitative researchQualitative researchMixed-methods researchAll of the above
2. A variable that is presumed to reason a change in another variable is called:An intervening variableA dependency variableAn live independence variableA numerical variable
3. A urbanbreathnyc.com that teaching professionals posits that their performance-related pay increases their an ideas which consequently leads to an increase in their task satisfaction. What type of change is ‘motivation”’ in this urbanbreathnyc.com?Extraneous ConfoundingInterveningManipulated
browser not supported
You are using a browser version the is no much longer supported by this website and also could result in a less-than-optimal experience.
See more: Gears Of War Cake ! - Gears Of War Birthday Cake
To ensure complete site functionality, please usage an different web browser or upgrade your variation of internet Explorer.