1. What space two reasons for physical layer protocols to use structure encoding techniques? (Choose two.)
to mitigate the number of collisions ~ above the media
to identify data bits from control bits*
to provide better media error correction
to recognize where the structure starts and also ends*
to increase the media throughput
2. What is suggested by the hatchet throughput?
the guarantee data move rate readily available by one ISP
the volume of a details medium to bring data
the measure up of the usable data transferred throughout the media
the measure of the bits transferred throughout the media end a given duration of time*
the time the takes because that a post to obtain from sender to receiver
3. A network administrator notices that part newly mounted Ethernet cabling is delivering corrupt and distorted data signals. The brand-new cabling was mounted in the ceiling close to fluorescent lights and also electrical equipment. Which two factors may interfere v the copper cabling and result in signal distortion and also data corruption? (Choose two.)
extended size of cabling
4. I m sorry characteristic explains crosstalk?
the distortion the the network signal native fluorescent lighting
the distortion of thetransfer messages from signals brought in adjacent wires*
the weakening of the network signal over long cable lengths
the loss of wireless signal over too much distance from the access point
5. What technique is offered with UTP cable to help protect against signal interference indigenous crosstalk?
twisting the wires together into pairs*
wrapping a silver paper shield around the cable pairs
encasing the cables within a flexible plastic sheath
terminating the cable v special grounded connectors
6. Refer to the exhibit. The computer is connected to the console port of the switch. Every the various other connections space made with FastEthernet links. Which types of UTP cables have the right to be used to connect the devices?
1 – rollover, 2 – crossover, 3 – straight-through
1 – rollover, 2 – straight-through, 3 – crossover*
1 – crossover, 2 – straight-through, 3 – rollover
1 – crossover, 2 – rollover, 3 – straight-through
7. Refer to the exhibit. What is wrong v the displayed termination?
The woven copper braid need to not have been removed.
You are watching: What is the function of the crc value that is found in the fcs field of a frame
The wrong type of connector is being used.
The untwisted size of each cable is also long.*
The wires space too thick because that the connector the is used.
8. Which form of connector go a network interface card use?
9. What is one advantage of using fiber optic cabling fairly than copper cabling?
It is commonly cheaper than copper cabling.
It is may be to be installed around sharp bends.
It is much easier to terminate and install 보다 copper cabling.
It is maybe to bring signals lot farther 보다 copper cabling.*
10. Why space two strands the fiber supplied for a single fiber optic connection?
The two strands permit the data to travel for longer distances without degrading.
They avoid crosstalk from leading to interference top top the connection.
They rise the rate at i beg your pardon the data can travel.
They permit for full-duplex connectivity.*
11. A network administrator is creating the layout the a new wireless network. Which three areas of issue should it is in accounted because that when building a wireless network? (Choose three.)
12. I m sorry layer the the OSI model is responsible for specifying the encapsulation technique used because that specific types of media?
13. What space two solutions performed through the data link layer that the OSI model? (Choose two.)
It encrypts data packets.
It determines the route to forward packets.
It accepts layer 3 packets and also encapsulates them into frames.*
It gives media accessibility control and performs error detection.*
It monitors the layer 2 communication by building a MAC address table.
14. What is true worrying physical and also logical topologies?
The reasonable topology is constantly the very same as the physics topology.
Physical topologies are involved with how a network move frames.
Physical topologies display the IP addressing scheme of every network.
Logical topologies express to just how a network transfers data in between devices.*
15. Which technique of data transfer allows information to be sent and also received at the same time?
16. I beg your pardon statement describes an extended star topology?
End devices connect to a central intermediate device, which consequently connects to other central intermediate devices.*
End tools are connected together by a bus and also each bus connects to a main intermediate device.
Each finish system is associated to its respective neighbor via an intermediate device.
All end and also intermediate tools are linked in a chain to every other.
17. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement explains the media access control methods that are used by the networks in the exhibit?
All 3 networks usage CSMA/CA
None that the networks need media accessibility control.
Network 1 uses CSMA/CD and also Network 3 provides CSMA/CA.*
Network 1 uses CSMA/CA and Network 2 uses CSMA/CD.
Network 2 supplies CSMA/CA and also Network 3 offers CSMA/CD.
18. What is had in the trailer the a data-link frame?
19. As data travels on the media in a present of 1s and also 0s how does a receiving node identify the beginning and also end that a frame?
The transmitting node inserts start and stop bits into the frame.*
The transmitting node sends a beacon to inform that a data structure is attached.
The receiving node identify the start of a framework by seeing a physical address.
The transmitting node sends an out-of-band signal come the receiver about the start of the frame.
20. What is the role of the CRC value that is uncovered in the FCS ar of a frame?
to verify the verity of the obtained frame*
to verify the physical address in the frame
to verify the logical resolve in the frame
to compute the checksum header for the data field in the frame
21. To fill in the blank.
See more: A Man Gave A Son 10 Cents And Another Son Was Given 15 Cents
The hatchet ___bandwidth____ indicates the capacity of a tool to lug data and also it is generally measured in kilobits per 2nd (kb/s) or megabits per 2nd (Mb/s).
22. Fill in the blank.
What acronym is used to reference the data attach sublayer the identifies the network great protocol encapsulated in the frame? ___LLC___
230 match the qualities to the correct kind of fiber. (Not all choices are used.)