You are watching: If the dollar price of yen rises then
1. As soon as the people involved in an exchange space from nations that use different currencies, an intermediary asset transaction needs to take place: A. The seller must convert her currency into the money that the buyer uses and accepts.B. The buyer must transform her money into the currency that the seller uses and also accepts.C. The buyer and also seller should interact in barter trade.D. Both buyer and also seller should exchange their currencies come gold.
2. If a Canadian importer can purchase 10,000 pounds because that $20,000, the rate of exchange: A. Is $1 = 2 pounds in Canada.B. Is $2 = 1 lb in Canada.C. Is $1 = 2 pounds in good Britain.D. Is $.5 = 1 lb in an excellent Britain.
3. Over there must always be a balance of a nation"s: A. Was exports and also gold imports.B. Total international payments.C. Imports and also exports the goods and also services.D. Goods imports and also exports.
4. I beg your pardon of the complying with would contribute to a Canadian balance of payment surplus? A. Canada makes a unilateral tariff reduction on imported goodsB. Canadian Pacific pays a dividend to a Swiss stockholderC. Canada cuts back on Canadian military personnel stationed in GermanyD. Russian vodka becomes increasingly famous in Canada
5. In the balance of payments of Canada, Canadian was imports are recorded as a: A. Hopeful entry.B. Capital account entry.C. Present account entry.D. Main reserves entry.
6. In a nation"s balance that payments, which among the adhering to items is constantly recorded together a hopeful entry? A. Merchandise importsB. Alters in foreign currency reservesC. Resources outflowsD. Exports the services
7. In equilibrium, if $1 = .5 pounds sterling and also 1 pound sterling = 40 Swiss francs, the exchange rate in between dollars and Swiss francs will be: A. 1 Swiss france = $.10.B. 1 Swiss france = $.20.C. $1 = 80 Swiss francs.D. $1 = 20 Swiss francs.
8. If the disagreement price that yen rises, then: A. The yen price the dollars likewise rises.B. The dollar depreciates relative to the yen.C. The yen depreciates loved one to the dollar.D. All of the over will occur.
9. An increase in the dissension price of british pounds will: A. Rise the pound price that dollars.B. Lower the pound price of dollars.C. Leave the lb price the dollars unchanged.D. Reason Britain"s regards to trade through the United states to deteriorate.
10. Appreciation of the Swiss france will: A. Intensify an existing disequilibrium in France"s balance of payments.B. Make France"s exports much less expensive and its imports more expensive.C. Make France"s exports an ext expensive and its imports less expensive.D. Do France"s exports and imports both much more expensive.
A. A dollar, when converted to other currencies at the prevailing versatile exchange rate, has the very same purchasing power in assorted countries.
11. Follow to the purchasing strength parity concept of exchange rates: A. A dollar, when converted to various other currencies in ~ the prevailing flexible exchange rate, has the exact same purchasing strength in assorted countries.B. In equilibrium, nationwide currencies have equal value in regards to gold.C. The higher a nation"s price level in regards to its own currency, the higher is the lot of international exchange it can attain for a unit the its currency.D. Every one of the over are true.
12. Assume that Switzerland and also Britain have actually flexible exchange rates. Other things unchanged, if a tight money policy raises interest prices in brothers as compared to Switzerland: A. Gold bullion will flow into Switzerland.B. The Swiss franc will certainly depreciate.C. The british pound will depreciate.D. The Swiss franc will certainly appreciate.
13. If Canada has full employment and the dollar considerably depreciates in value, we can expect: A. Both our imports and our exports to rise.B. Both our imports and our exports come fall.C. Our exports come fall and our imports to increase.D. Inflation come occur.
A. It stems indigenous the willingness of consumers in one nation to to buy goods and services from another country.
14. The foreign demand curve for a nation"s currency is taken into consideration to be a derived demand because: A. It stems indigenous the willingness of consumers in one nation to to buy goods and also services from one more country.B. That stems from the willingness of consumers within their country to purchase goods and services that are produced within their country.C. The is derived from the demand of governments.D. It is derived by a nation"s main bank.
See more: Mötley Crüe Don T Go Anyway Mad (Just Go Away) By Mötley Crüe
15. If in a device of fixed exchange rates the dissension price that pounds is above the industry equilibrium A. Yellow will circulation from Canada to an excellent Britain.B. There will be a surplus of pounds.C. The Canadian government will need to ration pounds to Canadian importers.D. There will be a shortage the pounds.
Essentials that Investments v S&P bind-in card (Irwin/McGraw-Hill series in Finance)7th EditionAlan J. Marcus, Alex Kane, Zvi Bodie
window.urbanbreathnyc.com<"productClickLinkData"> = <"name":"Economics chapter 12","id":"78385471","price":"","category":"premium content","variant":"study guide","position":"","brand":"enegrete">; QLoad("urbanbreathnyc.com.productClickLinkData"); return;})}elsewindow.urbanbreathnyc.com<"productClickLinkData"> = <"name":"Economics thing 12","id":"78385471","price":"","category":"premium content","variant":"study guide","position":"","brand":"enegrete">; QLoad("urbanbreathnyc.com.productClickLinkData"); return;;window.location.assign("https://urbanbreathnyc.com/78385471/economics-chapter-12-flash-cards/");" id="1-78385471">