2) When compared to program development, systems development is ________.A) narrower in focusB) less comprehensiveC) broader in scopeD) more technical
3) Which of the following statements is true of systems development?A) It has little need for human relations skills as tasks are performed by individuals and not by groups.B) It is a technical task undertaken exclusively by programmers and hardware specialists.C) It has lesser scope than computer program development.D) It requires business knowledge and an understanding of group dynamics.
You are watching: During design and implementation, a development team will be heavy with ________.
4) Which of the following statements is true of information systems?A) They are off-the-shelf software without adaptation.B) They can be adapted to fit business needs.C) They can be purchased as off-the-shelf software.D) They cannot be tailor-made.
8) Which of the following statements is true of systems development for bigger systems and longer projects?A) Diseconomies of scale are reduced.B) Changes in requirements are increased.C) Average contribution per worker is increased.D) Project budgeting and scheduling becomes easy
10) According to Brooks" Law, which of the following is a consequence of adding more people to late projects?A) The work allocation per team member increases.B) The costs of training new people can overwhelm the benefits of their contribution.C) Beyond a workgroup of about 20 employees, economies of scale begin to take over.D) It allows the managers to extend the timeline of the project.
18) The ________ is the traditional process used to develop information systems.A) rapid application development (RAD)B) object-oriented design (OOD)C) systems development life cycle (SDLC)D) extreme programming (XP)
19) Which of the following is the first phase of the systems development life cycle?A) requirements analysisB) business planning processC) implementationD) system definition
20) In the ________ phase of the systems development life cycle, developers use management"s statement of the system needs in order to develop a new information system.A) system definitionB) requirements analysisC) component designD) implementation
21) In which of the following phases of the systems development life cycle do developers identify the particular features and functions of a new system?A) system definitionB) requirements analysisC) component designD) implementation
26) Which of the following is the first step in defining a new information system?A) Assess the feasibility of the project.B) Explain the goals and scope of the project.C) Determine the schedule and budget for the project.D) Form the project team.
27) Which of the following steps in the systems definition process aims to eliminate obviously nonsensible projects?A) Define the system goals and scope.B) Form the project team.C) Assess the project feasibility.D) Plan the project requirements.
See more: Concerning Pert And Cpm: A, Concerning Pert And Cpm A These Are Two Different
28) ________ feasibility concerns whether a new information system fits within a company"s customs, culture, charter, or legal requirements.A) TechnicalB) CostC) ScheduleD) Organizational
31) During design and implementation, a development team will be heavy with ________.A) business analystsB) business usersC) programmersD) senior managers
39) Which of the following is the most important phase in the systems development process?A) Define the goals and scope of the new information system.B) Implement the information system.C) Determine the system"s requirements.D) Adapt systems to changes in requirements.
40) If a new system involves a new database or substantial changes to an existing database, then the development team will have to create a(n) ________.A) data modelB) replicaC) archetypeD) test plan
41) The easiest and cheapest time to alter an information system is in the ________ phase of the systems development life cycle.A) requirements analysisB) system definitionC) component designD) implementation
48) Procedures for a business information system are designed usually by ________.A) testersB) programmersC) systems analystsD) business analysts
49) Normal processing procedures for operations personnel involve procedures for ________.A) continuing operations when the system failsB) backing up data and other resourcesC) using the system to accomplish business tasksD) starting, stopping, and operating the system
52) During the ________ phase of the systems development life cycle process, developers construct, install, and test the components of the information system.A) requirements analysisB) database designC) feasibility assessmentD) implementation
53) A comprehensive test plan should ________.A) not include incorrect actions that users takeB) cause every line of program code to be executedC) cause only critical error messages to be displayedD) be constructed by only product quality assurance (PQA) personnel
54) Which of the following personnel in a development team has the final say on whether a system is ready for use?A) managersB) systems analystsC) usersD) PQA personnel
55) ________ testing is the process of allowing future system users to try out a new system on their own.A) UnitB) AlphaC) IntegrationD) Beta
56) System ________ refers to the process of changing business activity from an old information system to a new system.A) definitionB) testingC) analysisD) conversion
57) In a ________ installation, an organization implements an entire system on a limited portion of the business.A) phasedB) parallelC) pilotD) plunge
58) In a ________ installation, a new system runs alongside the old one until the new one has been tested and is fully operational.A) pilotB) parallelC) phasedD) plunge
61) Which of the following styles of system conversion shuts off the old system and starts a new system?A) plunge installationB) parallel installationC) pilot installationD) phased installation
69) Software developers group the fixes for high-priority failures into a group that can be applied to all copies of a given product called a ________.A) service packB) bugC) patchD) product key
71) Software vendors usually bundle fixes of low-priority problems into larger groups called ________.A) patchesB) service packsC) bugsD) product keys
75) Which of the following is a major concern for developers in a systems development life cycle process?A) having to work with a team of specialistsB) moving through the unstructured phases of the cycleC) agreeing on the basic tasks to be performed to build a systemD) performing repetitive tasks of a completed phase
76) Projects are said to be in analysis paralysis if so much time is spent ________.A) in the system definition phase of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)B) on project schedulingC) documenting the requirementsD) designing the system components